There are so many things that scream “FALL” when I hear them, see them, smell them, or taste them, and one of my absolute favorites is pumpkin bread.
Last week one of our local grocery stores had pie pumpkins on sale and I picked up 6 to can and bake with.
After canning 7 quarts of pumpkin, I used the remaining couple of quarts in several of my favorite recipes — the first being Pumpkin-Cranberry Bread with Crumble Topping.
Pumpkin-Cranberry Bread w/Crumble Topping
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 2 Cups Fresh Pureed Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Peanut or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cold Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil in mixing bowl. Beat until just blended. Stir the wet mixture into the dry until batter is moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into pans.
- Combine topping ingredients in small bowl. Cut with pastry cutter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of batter in pans.
- Bake in oven 50 – 60 minutes.
This recipe makes two loaves which is great for sharing. Unfortunately, one of these bread didn’t even make it the day with Hubby and Grace around. We’ve already had to break open the second bread and aren’t even on day 2.
Fall is a wonderful time of year, especially with pumpkin, apple, and pear season in full swing, and for this I am — Simply Grateful.